Cream eye shadows and I have never been friends. In theory they sounded like the perfect solution to my extremely dry eyelids but no matter what I did, it always ended in an oily creased up mess. So, when I first heard about the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream eye shadows, I dismissed them right away. Did the Maybelline Color Tattoo prove me wrong?
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
FOR BEST RESULTS
High impact look:
Illuminate. With fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards. For added drama, darken as desired.
Price INR 350 for 4 gm
The first color I picked up was Bad to the Bronze which is a shimmery bronze taupe. It is a beauty! One of those colors that looks different depending on the light – Bronze, Taupe, Cool Brown..hint of purple it is all in there. Bad to the bronze can be used on its own for a super simple day eye look or as a base for other eye shadows. I just take some on my finger and apply all over my eyelid for a quick neutral eye. The texture is creamy and the shimmer is super fine and not gritty at all.
Speaking of gritty..that is exactly the problem I have with the second color I have from this range Bold Gold. It is an antique gold color that looks lovely in the pot but once swatched it goes patchy and the shimmer sticks to skin in a weird way. I bought it online so did not know how it felt before buying, just assumed it will be as great as bad to the bronze. I’d say it contains chunky glitter rather than fine shimmer which is a shame because I really like the color.
I cannot fault these in any way as far as staying power goes. Once they’re on they’re on! Maybelline says 24 hours but I’ve never tried that. They last a full work day on me with a little fading. You’ll need a good makeup remover to get it off your eyes.
Out of the two I much prefer bad to the bronze to bold gold. Maybelline has launched some new shades in the US out of which I am really liking Inked in Pink. I am eagerly waiting for it to be launched in India.
- Bad to the bronze is a lovely multi-dimensional color that will work on all skin tones
- Staying power is awesome, I’ve worn them for a full day with only a little fading
- Easy to apply, I just take some on my ring finger and blend
- Not too expensive for the quality
- I’ve had them for a few months now and I’m glad to report they don’t dry up in the pot (looking at you MAC fluidline)
- Bold gold has chunky shimmer that looks patchy on the skin
- Texture of the product is not consistent across shades, one has fine shimmer other has chunky glitter
- I’d like to see some more neutral shades in the range
I highly recommend bad to the bronze to you but if like me you don’t like glitter then stay away from bold gold.